Prof. Neil Lawrence
- Professor of Machine Learning and Computational Biology, Department of Neuroscience
- Tel: 0114 22 22239
- Email: email@example.com
Neil is a Professor in Computational Biology and Machine Learning jointly appointed across the Departments of Neuroscience and Computer Science. He moved to Sheffield in August 2010 from the School of Computer Science in Manchester, where he was a Senior Research Fellow.
• 2010-present: Collaborative Chair in Neuro- and Computer Science, University of Sheffield
• 2007-2010: School of Computer Science, University of Manchester, Senior Research Fellow
• 2004-2007: Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield, Senior Lecturer in Machine Learning and Computational Biology
• 2001-2004: Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield, Lecturer in Machine Learning
• 2000-2001: Microsoft Research Cambridge, Machine Learning Researcher
Neil’s research interests are in machine learning, computational systems biology and their application in medicine.