SIID is pleased to announce that ten academics have been awarded the SIID-ESRC Fellowships to take part in global consultations on Post 2015. The fellowships will provide funding for UK academics to participate in a prestigious consultation taking place in Quito, Ecuador, which will identify barriers, priorities, and opportunities for Latin America and the Caribbean in Post 2015. This consultation will be hosted by SIID in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Latin American Faculty of Social Sciences (FLACSO).
The list of SIID-ESRC Fellows is as follows:
- Laura Abramovsky: Senior Researcher -Economist Institute for Fiscal Studies
- Dr Asa Cusack: Fellow – Institute of Latin American Studies, University of London
- Dr Tom Goodfellow: Lecturer in Urban Studies & International Development –Department of Urban Studies & Planning, University of Sheffield
- Philipp Horn: PhD Student – Global Urban Research Centre, School of Environment and Development, University of Manchester
- Dr Eliza Massi: PhD in International Development – SOAS, University of London
- Dr Jojo Nem Singh: Lecturer in International Development – Department of Geography, University of Sheffield
- Sammia Poveda: PhD Student – Department of Geography, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Dr Juan Pablo Rud: Senior Lecturer in Economics – Department of Economics, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Gemma Sou: PhD Student -IDPM, University of Manchester
- Marcia Vera PhD Student -Department of Geography Department University of Sheffield
This consultation forms part of a wider project ran by SIID, to undertake a series of ambitious, participatory consultations on the post-2015 global development agenda in Latin America, Asia and Africa.