Governance, States and Advocacy
Development is about power – the power of states but also a broad range of other actors who advocate, contest, and resist in the midst of development processes and programmes. This research network is interested in both the changing political dynamics of governance as a help or hindrance to development and the emergence of social movements driven by ideas of how development can be improved. We are interested in research themes such as:
- Development, struggle, and social justice;
- Development strategy and ‘developmental states’;
- Development, aid, and advocacy;
- The changing landscape of social movements for development;
- The private sector, celebrity and development governance;
- Development and global governance.